Vocational Education Teacher - Postsecondary
Responsible for instruction at a school in which students are taught the skills needed to perform a particular job. Teaches job-specific skills.
- Instruct students at a vocational or postsecondary school.
- Help students studying for a certificate or certification to improve their knowledge or career skills.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.