Responsible for acting as a liaison between auto technicians and customers. Identify the type of car service or repair the customer needs done, answer questions, and build strong customer relationships.
- Greet customers, schedule service appointments, and direct clients to available mechanics.
- Communicate with customers about their vehicle’s service needs.
- Provide information about warranties, potential cost savings, and possible service outcomes.
- Consult with mechanics about auto repairs and alternatives to more expensive service needs.
- Oversee an auto shop or dealership’s workflow and scheduling.
- Inspect vehicles as needed and document the findings.
- Answer the phone and call customers to advise them when they can pick up their vehicle.
- Recommend and sell service and repair packages and provide information about available parts.
- Follow up with customers after their vehicle has been serviced and take their payments.
- Listen to customer needs, answer questions, and handle any complaints or concerns.