Responsible for overseeing an organization’s insurance and risk management programs. Identify and evaluate risks, forecast operational threats, and recommend preventative measures.
- Design and implement organizational risk management processes in an organization.
- Establish the level of risk a company is willing to accept.
- Identify both the external and internal risks that might impact an organization.
- Analyze risks to assess their potential impact on an organization.
- Consider factors that include the likelihood of a risk occurring and its potential consequences.
- Develop strategies to manage risks that reduce their likelihood and mitigate their impact.
- Develop policies, train employees, and set up systems to monitor and report on risks.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an organization’s risk management strategies.
- Conduct audits and review incident reports; make adjustments to strategies as necessary.
- Generate business continuity plans and impose health and safety measures.
- Communicate with stakeholders about risks and proposed risk management strategies.