Responsible for reviewing mortgage loans and submitting them to the underwriter. Collect and review financial documents, analyze the financial statuses of applicants, and verify the information on applications.
- Help eligible applicants obtain mortgage loans in a professional and timely manner.
- Interact with customers; establish their needs and make loan recommendations.
- Interview, assess, and research loan applicants; review their credit records and financial papers.
- Collect and review all the documentation needed to apply for a mortgage loan.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of all industry rules, regulations, and standards.
- Gather any missing documentation from borrowers to ensure applications are complete.
- Review mortgage loan applications for accuracy and completeness before submitting them.
- Submit applications to the bank or mortgage lender for approval.
- Collect any remaining documentation from borrowers to close on their loans.
- Prepare the closing documents and make sure everything is in order prior to closing.