Responsible for overseeing tasks within a household so everything runs smoothly. Help care for the house or residential building, supervise and train household staff, and oversee the work of contractors.
- Manage all the day-to-day operations of a household and handle the homeowner’s needs.
- Maintain the physical condition of the house and its grounds; keep the interior clean.
- Find contractors and schedule appointments for maintenance and home repairs.
- Ensure the safety and security of the house, its occupants, and its furnishings and equipment.
- Oversee the household’s budget, make necessary travel arrangements, and plan social events.
- Collaborate with external vendors to arrange deliveries and order food for events.
- Coordinate with the family that lives in the house to achieve shared objectives.
- Keep an inventory and restock items as needed, run errands, and pay bills for the homeowner.
- Hire, train, fire, and supervise housekeeping, maintenance, and other household staffers.