Responsible for marketing and publicizing goods or services within a company. Performs research to find target audience, holds focus groups, outlines goals, develops concepts, creates storyboards, approves copywriting, and sets budgets for ad campaigns.
- Inform public about a company's goods and services.
- Set budgeting goals.
- Develop advertising campaigns, including TV ads, commercials, ads for radio, pay-per-click, banner, and other Internet ads.
- Create direct mail initiatives.
- Measure ad effectiveness and optimize if needed.
- Coordinate staff members who create and deliver ads.
- Create, review, approve, and revise copy.
- Oversee media buying.
- Work with account executives to come up with ad campaigns.
- Select agencies to partner with.
- Approve agency plans.
- Work with sales staff to generate ideas for the campaign.
- Oversee creative staff.
- Prepare cost estimates for campaigns.
- Serve as liaisons between the firm requiring the advertising and an advertising or promotion agency that actually develops and places the ads.
- Oversee in-house accounts.
- Present campaigns during pitches.
- Approve changes to budget as needed.
- Cast actors for voiceovers and commercials.
- Preside over TV, radio, and film shoots.
- Identify potential markets.