- Research other Banks' boards and compare to Insight to determine if any individual qualifies as an Officer/Director of Another Bank for Reg O purposes.
- Review loan underwriting documents to validate business industry code (NAICS), loan purpose, and collateral valuation. Recommend new codes and loan system updates based on assessment.
- Assist as needed in report preparation and review, and data entry.
- Research borrower financial data for the calculation of NOI (net operating income) and DSC (debt service coverage) for commercial real estate loans included in stress testing.
- Complete research projects as needed to assist the department.
- Assist the Accounting Department with other tasks if needed, including accounts payable.
- Obeys all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
Summer Internship Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Prior TowneBank intern experience with exposure to Image Centre is preferred.
- Prior TowneBank intern experience with exposure to Insight is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have completed at least two years of college and currently enrolled in college.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday, mid-May through mid-August.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Works well in a team environment, with ability to work independently.
- Detailed oriented and willing to help others
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- High standard of confidentiality
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Finance, Accounting, or Statistics background preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel
Physically you can anticipate to:
- Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word via email and verbally.
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, use your arms and legs, and sit most of the time.
- Have close visual acuity to perform activities such as analyzing data, viewing a computer terminal, reading, and preparing documentation.
- Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)