You'll be at the heart of our production center, helping millions of customers across the world enjoy Hallmark products. You will have a variety of duties that support the production process in numerous ways. You'll be cross-trained across multiple departments by a support team of trainers and supervisors to help you learn every step of the way!
SALARY AND SHIFT DETAILS
- Starting pay for this position is $19.00, plus $1.00 per hour 3rd shift differential.
- You'll receive a $700.00 sign-on bonus.
- This position is a full-time, 5-day work week position in the 3rd shift from 11:30pm to 8:00am, Sunday night through Friday morning. Don't see a shift that works for you? We still encourage you to apply! We'll work with you to find a shift that fits your lifestyle and gives you the flexibility you need.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES WE'LL TRUST YOU WITH
We take great care in every item we create. You will join a diverse team who enjoys fast-paced work. Our teams have physical stamina, an eye for detail, and are reliable to get the job done. You will be trained to support production across different work areas in our facility. Some of your duties may include:
- You will prepare and move greeting card stock to the cutter and to assigned pallets. You will pack finished goods on a packaging line.
- You will remove die-cut cards from full sheets by using a hammer or our automatic extractor system. You will prepare and set up the automatic extractor to cut the correct sheet dimensions.
- You will determine when the adhesive will be mixed and when tests will be performed on the mixture. You will ensure that the ingredients are in the area for mixing adhesives.
- You will support the production areas by ordering the correct stock, moving components in and out of areas, inputting information into the computer system, and maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- You will examine the products to ensure product quality has been met and assist in preventative maintenance.
Important things to know:
- Flexibility is key as you will assist with all aspects of the different assignments across departments.
- In the production areas there is some noise. Hearing protection is provided by Hallmark.
- Overtime is available and will be covered during the interview process.
YOUR AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
- You're at least 18 years of age
- You have the ability to grip and push/pull lifts of stock 2"-3.5" thick, 80-120 times per hour
- You have the ability to lift 20-30 lb stacks of stock, 60-80 times per hour, with frequent lifting throughout the shift of 40-60 lbs.
- You have the ability to constantly stand, walk, twist, bend, and reach above shoulder level
- You have the ability to constantly use repetitive hand/wrist motion and perform fine motor skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Strong communication- and problem-solving skills
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT HALLMARK
We want to help you be your best - at work and at home, now and in the future. It's why providing benefits to support you and your family's well-being is one of the most important investments Hallmark makes.
- Your Health: Medical, vision, and dental plans; Specialized plan option for people with type 2 diabetes; Short-term and long-term disability coverage; Life and accident insurance
- Your Well-Being: On-site registered nurses who provide health consultations and optional seasonal vaccinations. Health rewards program (earn up to $400 per year).
- Your finances: A 401(k) with a 4% company match vested from day one. Health savings (HSA) or Flexible spending (FSA) accounts.
- Your life: During your first year, you'll receive 18 days (144 hours) of PTO and 10 paid holidays. Paid parental leave, adoption assistance, and comprehensive fertility benefits for eligible employees.
- Your work environment: Climate-controlled and safety-first environment; On-site cafe that offers hot and cold meals; On-site Hallmark store where you can shop Hallmark products for 50%-75% off; Inclusive environment and a relaxed dress code, with a few safety rules to follow (close-toed shoes are required). Whether you have purple hair or express yourself through body art, we want you to bring your whole self to work.
- Your career: A career with Hallmark can take you anywhere. Our career paths are shaped by your talents and ambitions. Whether you want to take the next step up in a role you know and love or are looking to move into an entirely new area or location. We can help you do just that.
Now's your chance to embrace a future with Hallmark-just follow the instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields.Accepted file types are DOCX and PDF.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks. Hallmark is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.