At Imagine we go beyond print to help our clients deliver game-changing visual communications from concept to delivery that set the standard for our industry. The first step in this process is hiring great employees! Our innovative teams are the most committed, highly experienced artisans in the business. We are committed to delivering high-quality marketing solutions, in every environment and campaign, helping our clients capture the heart, minds, and loyalty of their customers. For more than 30 years, The Imagine Group has established itself as one of the most influential and innovative visual communications companies in the industry. Join us and let's Imagine a better way together.
This position is responsible for working and collaborating with our Account Executives, Account Managers, and Clients to develop innovative, unique production art and design to support original and adapted content while developing cost effective dimensional temporary and semi-permanent displays, as well as packaging, utilizing a variety of different substrates.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create, design, and output multidimensional POP displays and packaging (folding cartons) utilizing our ARTIOS CAD system.
- Design & output drawings, die lines, and samples.
- Work with all Account Executives and Account Managers within the family of IMAGINE owned companies.
- Work in conjunction with other creative design team members for feasibility of ideas.
- Work closely with the estimating department to determine production costs.
- Collaborate with production department managers and employee's, to ensure that our client's expectations are exceeded.
- Meet and work closely with clients in a consultative, ethical, and professional manner.
- Travel both locally and nationally as required.
- Work safely and abide by established safety policies and procedures. Identify and follow-up on unsafe conditions.
- Participate in implementation of process improvement for internal/external customers through data collection, standardized procedures, and teamwork.
- Be able to identify factors critical to quality as determined by the customer, reducing process variation, and improving capabilities and increasing stability.
- This position will float between POP display and packaging work as demand requires.
Other Job Duties:
- Develop innovative, strategic, and cutting-edge design solutions across mediums from concept through implementation that translate, support, and activate our customer's brands.
- Oversee production of deliverables while coordinating internal management and timelines.
- Provide perspectives on design and brands for both internal discussion and client meetings.
- Participate in the creative and strategic brainstorming process.
- Quickly translate data points visually, and present in an easy to digest visual.
- Stay current with art research and development efforts within the industry including graphic, scenic, and visual trends.
- Accompany Account Executives on occasion to present new products or designs to customers or prospects.
- Analyze changes in the industry and research innovations in equipment that can be adapted to company operations.
- College degree in industrial design, packaging, or merchandising designs and/or 5 years design experience with a display/packaging company, or equivalent.
- ARTIOS CAD user required.
- Experience in 3D modeling preferred.
- Experience in projects that use multiple materials (plastics, paperboard, corrugated, motion, lights).
- Proficiency in digital design software and tools as well as the creation of typical outputs.
- A willingness to broaden expertise to other areas of design while refining proficiency in primary abilities.
- Ability to quickly concept multiple design solutions and evaluate directions.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a highly collaborative environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Engineering
- Knowledge of Kongsberg Sample Cutters
- Knowledge of 3D printing
- Knowledge of manufacturing
- Knowledge of retail environments
- Production of mockups: prepping files, printing and mounting and assembling final display.
- Occasional walking.
- Manual dexterity for repetitive work.
- Frequent sitting for prolonged periods of time working with computers.
- Travel, as needed by client.
- Setting up displays with product.
- Ability to lift, push and pull.
Imagine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and Inclusion are not just a checked box, it is a critical part of our commitment to deliver innovative solutions to our clients and provide a great place to work for our entire Imagine family. We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.