As a Member Service Representative/Vault, you may look forward to:
- Receiving and paying out money per members' requests
- Handling branch cash vault duties including:
- Maintaining cash levels within established limit. Determining weekly cash needs.
- Preparing outgoing shipments, verifying incoming shipments to amount requested. Preparing documentation of currency movement (i.e. Brinks log, vault log, accounting entries, mutilated & contaminated currency, ) etc.
- Facilitating cash transfers between tellers & vault
- Processing currency & coin orders per members' requests
- Verifying checks and cash and examines documents for essential elements
- Entering members' transactions into the teller system and providing receipts
- Reviewing & providing system overrides on other tellers' transactions, when needed
- Reviewing member accounts in order to make appropriate decisions
- Balancing a cash drawer daily
- Promoting TowneBank as well as all related bank products
- Providing assistance to members in person and on the phone
- Following the bank's security guidelines on a daily basis
- May perform other duties such as balancing the cash dispenser settling the ATM, ordering supplies, settling internal bank accounts, balancing the branch, etc.
- Obeying all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Other duties as assigned
You are a person that has (required skills):
- Punctuality and exemplary attendance is a must
- Two years teller experience in the financial services field
- Excellent customer service sills
- Strong telephone skills
- Able to handle more complex teller transactions, use independent judgement and answer more complex teller and general bank questions
- Ability to accurately input information
You'll be better prepared if you have (desired skills and competencies):
- Computer experience (Bankway, Towne 360 and Fortis).
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Physically you can anticipate to:
- Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word via email and verbally
- Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, use your arms and legs, and sit most of the time
- Vision, hearing, speech, and manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers is required
- Have close visual acuity to perform activities such as analyzing data, viewing a computer terminal, reading, and preparing documentation
- Not be substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)