TowneBank has a culture that:
- Has a commitment to exquisite service for our members that will lead to our ability to create a reasonable rate of return for our shareholders, a bright future for our dedicated bankers, and a leadership role for our bank in promoting the social, cultural, and economic well-being of our community.
- Embraces our hometown banking philosophy, where our family members, directors and employees are active volunteers, serving on numerous boards and donating their time and talents to local organizations.
As a Member Service Representative, you may look forward to:
- Handling monetary transactions for members and enters them in the Bank's software programs and provides receipts
- Following the Bank's security guidelines on a daily basis
- Staying abreast of the Bank's check cashing policies and procedures and Federal Laws to verify checks and cash and examine documents for essential elements
- Reviewing member accounts in order to make appropriate decisions regarding the requested transaction
- Accurately keeping cash drawer in balance on a daily basis
- Promoting TowneBank and its products and services
- Providing exquisite service to members in person, on the phone or by email
- Displaying a professional appearance and behavior
- Handling other branch duties as assigned
- Obeying all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
You are a person that (required skills):
- Has basic computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Word and Bank software programs
- Has flexibility to learn and grow as new systems or processes emerge
- Has the ability to keep cash drawer in balance on a daily basis
- Has the ability to accurately process monetary transactions in a timely fashion
- Has a proven ability to give our members excellent service in person, on the phone, and by email
- Has the ability to work as an integral team player
- Is punctual
You'll be better prepared if you have (desired skills):
- Prior cash handling experience and/or six months bank teller experience is highly desired.
Physically you can anticipate to:
- Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word via email and verbally.
- Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, use your arms and legs, and sit most of the time.
- Have close visual acuity to perform activities such as analyzing data, viewing a computer terminal, reading, and preparing documentation.
- Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)